Have you ever heard about the Napolità? There are a lot of the dishes that are mentioned on the restaurant menu and you must have to find out about it. Napolità is something vibrant cuisine that originated in Naples, Italy, and is famous because of its bold flavors, fresh ingredients, and casual style, Napolità cooking can be seen with your eyes as it is cooked on the streets of Naples. If you are a foodie and you have an urge to taste new dishes then this is for you. Read the article and you will find the complete information about it. How you can cook, what are the ingredients and what are the instructions that you have to follow when you have to cook, and much more.
What Makes Napolità Pizza Unique
There are some things special in it that make it unique read the article below:
The most important thing is the ingredients as they only use fresh and high-quality ingredients as per the rules set by the True Neapolitan Pizza Association. In the dough, they must have to use 00 flour, Marzano tomatoes, fresh basil, extra virgin olive oil, sea salt, and yeast. Mozzarella di bufala, produced from the milk of water buffalo is the only cheese that they use. These ingredients help to make a perfect margarita pizza.
Now the next important thing is they baked it in an extremely hot wood-fired oven. The maximum temperature of the oven is 450 and have to cook pizza for 90-60 seconds. This high temperature gives the crust a light airy texture and a crisp. If you use rapid cooking this helps to keep the topping fresh and unmelted.
Most of the process of pizza making is done by hand. They kneaded the dough by hand then shaped it carefully and topped the ingredients carefully. This shows the cultural traditions of the Italy. Some of the myths also mention that Margherita’s pizza was completed to honor Queen Margherita of Savoy’s visit to Naples in 1889.
If you ever have a chance to visit Naples then make sure you taste this iconic dish which is also considered a UNESCO Intangible Cultural Heritage.
The Ingredients in Napolità Pizza Dough
Some of the ingredients that are used to make this classic dish are as follows:
If you ever have to make any pizza first you have to take a dough of flour. They use finely milled soft wheat flour that has a high starch and gluten content and is called Tipo00 flour. This flour makes a soft and stretchable dough and you can make it more thin without tearing. If you don’t have this flour then you can also use all-purpose flour.
Most of the people make it perfectly when they follow the instructions. So you have to form the dough by adding lukewarm water that has a temperature of 150 degrees F. you have to add the amount of water that is mentioned in the given amount of flour. This will help you to make a perfect dough. If you need more water then measure it with tablespoons and then add.
Salt is used to enhance the flavor of the dough and this helps to lower the rising process. If you are using 4 to 5 cups of flour then you have to add 1 to 1 and a half teaspoon of fine sea salt.
If you have 2 to 3 cups of flour then you have to use 1 gram of yeats. This helps to raise the flour and make your dough more usable. You have to make sure that your water is not too hot as it can kill yeast.
There is also some time needed for olive oil. That is used to add richness and save the dough from drying out.
How to Make Authentic Napolità Pizza at Home
If you have to make the Napolità pizza at home then you have to follow some of the ingredients in detail and follow the step-by-step procedure given below and make it at home.
- 00 flour (doppio zero): Finely ground Italian wheat flour with a lower gluten content that is helpful in a softer dough. All-purpose flour can work as a substitute.
- San Marzano tomatoes: Sweet Italian tomatoes that are excellent for the sauce. If you don’t have then you can use crushed tomatoes.
- Fresh mozzarella: Mozzarella di bufala is standard but fresh mozzarella can also work great.
- Extra virgin olive oil: For drizzling on the dough and in the sauce.
- Sea salt: For sprinkling on the dough and in the sauce.
- Fresh basil: To top the pizza after baking.
When you have to make it then follow the instructions given below:
- First, you have to make the dough. To make dough you have to add warm water, yeast, salt, and flour. Knead until smooth then let rise for 1-2 hours.
- They make a sauce. You have to crush tomatoes, olive oil, garlic, basil, oregano, and salt.
- Now you have to shape the dough and add all the toppings. Then you have to punch down the dough. Roll out into circles and put on a floured surface. Then you have to add all the toppings and other details.
- You have to preheat the oven and then put it in the oven and make sure the temperature of the oven is 450 F and bake it for 10-15 minutes until the crust of the pizza turns golden brown.
- Now after taking it out put it for some time and allow it to cool and then enjoy your pizza.